1. Boeing Project Kick-off Presentation:
- Given Wednesday 26 March in 307 Hammond Bldg via video-conference
- Boeing background/overview slides
- Project overview slides
- Boeing Systems Engineering Fundamentals slides
2. A Day in the Life of the Boeing Company
- From the Boeing Frontiers magazine, highlights the many aspects of
Boeing: click here
3. Extra events
- Lectures Series Beyond Earth: Living on Other Worlds:
- Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium
Space Day--12 April 2003
- Special EDG100 Session with Lance Bush, 7 April, 5:30 pm, 306 Hammond.
- Lecture: 8 April, 7:00 PM: Lance Bush (NASA), "The International
in the 21st Century: Space, Politics, International Relations, & Business"
-- in 111 Wartik Lab
- Others TBD
4. Useful Websites:
5. Websites of some sample space missions
6. Resource materials prepared by Engineering Design faculty:
- So, you think you might have something patentable, how do you protect it?
Click here for local resources
including a chart to find out
if your idea is patentable
7. Design lab (312 Hammond) resources:
- Rockets of the
World books and posters
LEGO simple machines activity packs, pneumatic activity packs, eLab
alternative energy activity pack
New Way Things Work book by David MaCaulay
- Several books on Space Mission design: Space Mission Analysis and
Design, 3rd edition (Space Technology Library), James R. Wertz (Editor)
Fundamentals of Space System, Vincent L. Pisacane (Editor), Robert C.
Space Transportation: A Systems Approach to Analysis and Design (AIAA
Education Series), Walter Edward Hammond
Design Methodologies for Space Transportation Systems (AIAA Education
Series), Walter Edward Hammond
- Models of several rockets, the Space Shuttle, and the International
8. Library resources:
- Illustrated Sourcebook of Mechanical Components, Robert Parmley,
TJ243.I45 2000, on reserve at Engineering Library.
- Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Sourcebook, Neil Sclater &
Nicholas P. Chironis, TJ181.S28 2001 (third edition) on reserve at
Go to: ED&G100 Home
| Design Project Resource
Go to: Penn State Home
| College of Engineering
Project inquiries: Sven G. BilÚn ,
15 June 2005.