Thank you for your interest in applying for an Engineering
Design and Graphics Lab Assistant position. These positions
are reserved for undergraduate students who have successfully
completed EDSGN 100 with a grade of at least an A-. Positions
are available to work in the computer lab, design lab,
or as graders for EDSGN 100 or EDSGN 130.
If you wish to be considered for such a position, you
need to do the following:
- Obtain an application form from the secretary in Room
213 Hammond Building, or download
the application form here
- Complete the application form
- Have your EDSGN 100 instructor sign off on it indicating
they are recommending you for the position
- Submit this form to Dr. Thomas Colledge (Room 213
Once you have applied for the position by submitting
the application form, Dr. Colledge will add you to the
list of potential candidates for the positions. You will
then need to do the following:
- Log onto the scheduling website at: https://www.engr.psu.edu/edsgn/restricted/
- Complete the request for 'Personal Information' which
should detail your experience and areas of expertise
in both CAD and design lab work.
- Identify what days, times and sections you would be
available to work.
- Please identify any and all times that are of interest
to you. By selecting these times, it does not mean you
will be working them. It merely indicates what times
you are available and willing to work so list as many
as you consider possible for you.
- The faculty members will then receive a list of those
students who are able and willing to work their particular
section(s). They will make their selection of who is
to work with them for that semester.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
Dr. Thomas Colledge
213 Hammond Building